The Henry County Hospital Auxiliary was established in 1951. There are over 350 members of the Auxiliary, but membership has been as high as 1,775 in 1965. Proceeds from the Henry County Hospital Auxiliary Gift Shop, bazaar, auctions, book sales, uniform sales, Lights of Love, and other fund raising activities are important sources of funding for the hospital. More than three hundred fifty Auxiliary members help in virtually every aspect of the hospital's daily operation.
The dedicated volunteers have purchased Birthing Care Services specialty cart, Surgical Care Services furnishings, Emergency Care Services specialty cart, Cafe furnishings, automatic doors, Surgical Care Services carts, epidural pumps, Emergency Care Services renovations, Birthing Care Services transilluminator, commercial refrigerator, Cardiac Rehab renovation, physician office furnishings, pool lift, patient lighting, infant security system, Surgical Care Services eye carts, dishwasher, cribs, patient televisions, infant warmer, and contributed over $100,000 to the capital campaign. The Auxiliary is instrumental in numerous volunteer opportunities throughout the building but specifically are located at the Welcome Center and Gift Shop. Through their efforts, Henry County Hospital can contain costs and ensure a high level of quality. New members are welcome and a variety of volunteer positions are available.